Hi all,

We were thinking about the same in the context of G-Reg. We can have:

1. Repository Profile (what is typically used when G-Reg is used with
products like ESB with mounting in place).
2. Governance Profile (the complete G-Reg profile)

WDYT?

Thanks,
Senaka.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Profiles support is a major feature that comes with Carbon 4.2.0.
>
> What I understood from the stand-up meetings we had on Carbon release
> progress yesterday is that, products have not yet thought
> about properly making use of this feature.
>
> Front end / back end separation is just "scratching the surface" using
> this capability.
>
> The real use is to make use of that to run the product pack in a specific
> mode. The most obvious is the API-M case, where you can have the three
> profiles of:
> store
> publisher
> gateway
>
> But even products like AS can make effective use of this.
> e.g.
> DS, WebApp, Jaggery, Services profiles for AS
>
> Please think through this with with respect to each product.

> Samisa...
>
> Samisa Abeysinghe
> VP Engineering
> WSO2 Inc.
> http://wso2.com
> http://wso2.org

* <http://us13.wso2con.com/>
*
*
*
*Senaka Fernando*
Senior Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com*
Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware