Hi,

We had a discussion about this today. The final conclusion is to have a
pass through from MDM to SCEP server. Every request goes to SCEP server
needs to be go via the MDM interface. Hence it will be easy to validate the
request from MDM using a one time password.

Initially we agreed to have a separate web app (I had an offline discussion
with Azeez) to hold the SCEP implementation together with the CA
implementation. Now after the discussion with Prabath we were encouraged to
have the SCEP functionality within the Identify server. Therefore SCEP and
CA will be developed as totally independent components. By default MDM will
use the IS provided SCEP and CA implementations. If anyone needs to point
to any 3rd party SCEP servers or CAs its only a matter of changing the
necessary configurations in the MDM.

For the implementation we may use jscep [1] which is MIT and Creative
commons 3.

[1] - http://code.google.com/p/jscep/

Regards,

Dilshan