One possibility is to embed the version in to the connector name itself. So
that the invocation would looks like either

         <sfdc_2.0.query >
            <batchSize>200</batchSize>
            <queryString>select test</queryString>
         </sfdc_2.0.query>

or as follows.
        <sfdc.query version="2.0">
            <batchSize>200</batchSize>
            <queryString>select test</queryString>
         </sfdc.query>

With this both ESB and DevS can handle multiple versions.

Other alternative is to introduce a versioning strategy in to connector
(former: mediation-lib) itself. However,IMO, this needs to be done along
with versioning support for all other artifacts such as sequence,
endpoints, proxy services etc.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Have we thought about $subject? Can someone elaborate the architecture for
> versioning of connectors please? Need to get that right.
>
> The tooling team also has to handle connector versions.
>
> Both ESB runtime and tool have to be able to load multiple connector
> versions at once (think data migration scenarios).
>
> Sanjiva.
> --
> Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
> Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/