Hi Suho,

Please find my comments below as per my understanding.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan
<s...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As we are planing to go for the CEP 3.0.0 plugin, I think we have to focus
> more on the its GUI and the usability aspects of it.
>
> CEP has two main concepts
> 1. Streams
> 2. Execution Plan.
>
> Execution Plan creation can look like the CEP 3.0.0 UI.
>
> But for Streams I think we have to do some Improvements. I'm not expecting
> all this to be done for the next release, but this kind of a long term
> vision, we have to find what should be and can be done now and execute
> them. Please give your comments and improvements.
>
> *1*.We need to have some sort of virtual Stream Store in DevS itself,
> this will allow us to select streams from drop down at the Execution Plan
> creation GUI.
>
> 1.1 This Stream Store will be populated by connecting DevS with CEP and/or
> by exporting Streams from CEP and importing to DevS  and/or through
> configs.
>
> (for now we'll go with configs)

At the moment, In CEP streams are stored in the registry(but there is a
config file also which used for samples but not used in runtime),  Then are
we connecting to registry to get stream info?? Is it possible to do in DevS.

> *2*. We can have a similar UI of CEP for Stream creation

+1.

> *3*. Event Builder and Formatters will be associated to the Streams.
>
> 3.1 Stream listing UI will list its associated Builders and Formatters
> under it.  Event Builder and Formatters won't have a separate listing
> page/GUI. Therefore Builder and Formatter can be only created after
> creating the Stream.
>

> 3.2 Need to figure out a proper way to export new/modified streams and
> apply that to CEP.
>

> 3.3 Event Formatter creation GUI can look like the current CEP 3.0.0 UI.
>

> 3.4 Event Builder GUI need to be fixed, the Event Builder GUI also need to
> use drop down to select the Stream. The mapping form need to be auto
> created based on the selected stream whereby only allowing the user to fill
> the incoming message related info.

I think, you saying a drop down for input streams in Event Builder, But
there will streams as input only for WSO2Event adaptor; for other adaptor
types it is different like topic and etc.. Isn't it ?.. Then agree to have
a dropdown for wso2Event adaptor related builders only.

> *4*. Input and Output Adapter types and their Message configurations
> fields for the Event Builder and Formatter need to be imported to the DevS.
>
> 4.1 The available Adapter types and their Message configurations fields
> will be imported by connecting DevS with CEP and/or by exporting from CEP
> and importing to DevS  and/or through configs.
>
> (for now we'll go with configs)

Input or output adaptors and Message configurations fields are not stored
as any config files, they needs to be retrieved from OSGI bundle. That
means DevS needs to communicate with admin service or something to get the
necessary info?? I am not sure whether these are possible..

@Harshana - needs to confirm this..

Regards,
Mohan

--