Hi,

On 15 November 2013 10:52, Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam
<mo...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi Suho,
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan
> <s...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Harshana Martin <harsh...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Please see my comments inline.
>>>

>>> I think we will also need to go for CEP 3.0.1 release with this plugin,
>> because currently there is no CApp Deployer in CEP 3.0.0.

>>> I believe these Streams are stored in the registry. In that we can
>>> provide users following options to select a stream as in ESB Editor.
>>>
>>> 1. From Workspace - Locate and list the stream definitions in the
>>> Eclipse Workspace
>>> 2. From Registry - Allow user to browse registry of the CEP and select
>>> from it.
>>>
>>> This approach is consistent across our other tools and users will feel
>>> comfortable around this since it is the general practice in in DevS.
>>>
>> Great,
>>
>> The stream store for CEP can change to Registry, Cassandra, etc. I think
>> we need to fix this in the CEP side because now we have issues when
>> integrating CEP with BAM. All the stream related calls need to go via
>> DataBridge Stream Definition Store.

+1 for plugging in the databridge stream definition store which has the
necessary abstractions to switch to registry,cassandra,in-memory when
needed.

>  To my understanding Eclipse need to call to a Service of DataBridgeStream
> Definition Store and import the streams
>>

>  Is this possible ?
>> else when we add a config file that need to override the streams in the
>> DataBridge Stream Definition Store.

>>> +1

>>> Correct. Previously we used to have just one file. Now that we have
>>> multiple files, we may have to introduce a packaging mechanism for them
>>> with a new deployer. Need to discuss this further whether we can reuse the
>>> existing Registry Resource artifacts, etc for this and avoid introduction
>>> of new packaging mechanism.
>>>
>> I thinks Capp is good enough, let see.

>>> Aslong as Stream has the necessary information to do this, we can do it.
>>>
>> @Mohan, we need this to all, and not only for WSO2Event,
>> E.g in XML/JMS case we add the topic and then we add the xml mapping and
>> finally create an output stream.
>> My recommendation is we'll add the topic and then select the expected
>> output stream from the drop down which will given an easy way to fill the
>> xml mapping.
>> Does this make sense?
>>

> Hmm.. IMHO, I'm not feel it makes much sense; it increases the time on
> configuration little more and might confuse also..

@Suho, do you mean like that there should be a way to pre-populate the
mappings based on the selected output stream and let the user customize it
if needed?

Currently, the event builder has sort of two modes of working
1. Pass-through/Default - which allows events to pass without no mappings
(This is available only WSO2 events for now, and will be done for other
event types in the next release)
2. Mapped - where we map the incoming stream

Is your suggestion to auto create mapping form for mapped mode
event-builders for all event types?

>>> This is again have to consider how they are persisted in the CEP side at
>>> the moment and decide how we should do it.
>>>

>> There is no configs files for this in the CEP side, my suggestion is to
>> let the user write one and add that to Eclipse for now, If we can get that
>> info by connecting Eclipse to CEP that's great.
>>

> Important thing is, As you mentioned 2 week is not  a practical deadline
> for these features since we also some what new to tooling and still we are
> in designing phase.. Then we need to prioritize the things that we are
> going to do for this DevS release, then only we can start work on this..
> But i am not sure whether partially adding these features to DevS makes
> sense.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Mohan
>

>>> Shall we have a brief design discussion next week over this to finalize
>>> these gray areas?

Thanks,
Lasantha

--
*Lasantha Fernando*
Software Engineer - Data Technologies Team

email: lasan...@wso2.com
mobile: (+94) 71 5247551