Hi Maninda,

Isn't the default behaviour of the DataPublisher  to block if the event
queue is full? I thought it was only for AsyncDataPublisher that we drop
events when the queue is full. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Or did you mean that currently we do not have a mechanism of switching
between DataPublisher and AsynDataPublisher and this will introduce a
configuration parameter to switch between Async and Synchronous publishing?

+1 to implementing this if this functionality is already not there.

Thanks,
Lasantha

Thanks,
Lasantha

On 13 March 2014 15:15, Maninda Edirisooriya <mani...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In JIRA [1], in order to prevent Thread Death caused by blocked threads in
> Data Publisher, we have  introduced a new method to try publish. That will
> drop messages when both Data Publisher queue and Async Data Publisher are
> filled. This will prevent the thread from blocking.
>
> But for some users the message logging may be a must and messages cannot
> be dropped. In such situations we are going to provide a configuration in
> *thrift-agent-config.xml* to set.
> The default value (as given below) will continue with the current
> non-blocking functionality.
>
> *<BlockThreadsOfPublishers>false</BlockThreadsOfPublishers>*
>
> Please suggest if there are any changes required.
>

> [1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/BAMDATAAGENTS-9
>
> *Maninda Edirisooriya*
> Software Engineer
>
> *WSO2, Inc. *lean.enterprise.middleware.
>
> *Blog* : http://maninda.blogspot.com/
> *Phone* : +94 777603226

*Lasantha Fernando*
Software Engineer - Data Technologies Team
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com

email: lasan...@wso2.com
mobile: (+94) 71 5247551