Also let's publish these stats publicly - just like ESB records it's TPS
for different adaptors. Kasun/Inosh can you guys come with comprehensive
benchmark plan and get us solid stats. Also the stats has to be in a way
that another person can replicate our benchmark results. We'll probably
have to mention the devices as well.

Cheers~

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Dilshan Edirisuriya <dils...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi Kasun/Inosh,
>
> I think this is a relative problem which depend on the OS version and also
> the device type. So what we have to look for the numbers and fine tune to
> reduce the memory usage as much as we can. I hope you have used monitor
> tool available in Android SDK. From this you can analyze the heap and
> allocations. You can get a heap dump of this using the tool. Also you may
> look at overall memory allocations as well (private RAM and PSS). More info
> found here at [1]. By doing these tests against different devices and
> different OS versions can lead to different results. So please analyze them
> for different scenarios and comeup with some statistics.
>
> [1] - https://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/debugging-memory.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Dilshan
>

> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Kasun Dananjaya Delgolla
> <kas...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Dilshan,
>>
>> Actually I have already tested the app for the 2nd and 3rd options that
>> you have mentioned. So I think if Inosh can test the 1st scenario, that
>> would complete the test. One more that can be checked is the async tasks
>> and whether they are destroyed properly once the task is done.
>>
>> Thanks
>> On 5 May 2014 15:20, "Dilshan Edirisuriya" <dils...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Inosh,
>>>
>>> Can we have a detailed analysis with numbers. Please concentrate on
>>> these scenarios.
>>>
>>> 1) Change policy monitoring time to atleast 1 minute and test its
>>> consumption.
>>> 2) Do few device operations within few seconds and analyze its results.

--
Chan (Dulitha Wijewantha)
Software Engineer - Mobile Development