Hi Himasha,

I don't understand what you mean by "deriving predecessor/successor
relationships for the entire diagram": does that mean that you derive the
relationships for all chevrons of a diagram at once, i.e. that you apply
your second bullet iteratively?

Will the position on the canvas of each modeling element be part of the XML
document you create?  You want to take a look at BPMN 2.0: they separate
the raw layouting information about a process model from the logic of the
business process model: this allows different layouts for different tools,
for different devices etc..

I also suggest to consider the XML document you create as a step when
exporting the process model. I.e. we should not assume that the XML is the
only representation of the model in the database - correct?

Finally: will you also support to import such an XML file that you create?

Best regards,
Frank