Hi All,

As a progress update, following functionalities are covered for chevron
diagram editor.

1. Virtual grid view : Once a user drags and drops an element to the
canvas, depending on the x,y coordinates of the element it will be
automatically aligned and placed in the most suitable cell of the grid. If
the most suitable cell is already occupied the next most suitable(closest)
cell will be taken into count. Once placed in a cell , user can swap the
elements to other unoccupied cells. Please find screenshot [1]

2. Multiple predecessor/successor connections : Predecessors and successors
of each element will be automatically determined based on user drawn
connections.Connections can be dragged from either four endpoints of an
element. (top,bottom,left,right) Once the diagram is complete, on click of
an element will display it's details as table properties.[2]  Since these
connections drawn between elements can be disturbing,for a clean view , the
user is given a choice of switching on/ off the connections. [3]

3. Annotations for each chevron(phase) : As requested, the description
content of each chevron will also be displayed closer to the element. (
green + sign button) [4]  To avoid clutter user can switch on/off these
annotations, and these will also be listed in table properties as well.

4. Resetting canvas is available in chevron diagram create page,which will
let the user create an entirely new diagram. [5]

[1]
https://drive.google.com/a/wso2.com/file/d/0B2gZ09XLMRjKWm8taS1pcUdQMVk/view?usp=sharing

[2]
https://drive.google.com/a/wso2.com/file/d/0B2gZ09XLMRjKbGVSM3NWVXFuZmc/view?usp=sharing