Hi Frank,

                Please find  below comments/answers regarding the queries.

   1. Can we add arrow heads to the lines between the phases (aka
   individual chevrons)?  E.g. in later releases we will likely support to
   draw directed graphs without inferring the direction of an arrow from its
   geometric position. In this sense, the current diagram [1] is a bit
   confusing: is "ship product" a successor/predecessor of "check payment"
   and/or "request refund"?

                Yes Frank, I think adding arrow heads will make things more
clear to the user specially in a scenario as you       mentioned. The logic
used here to derive the predecessor/successor is to check the row/column
numbers (placement of phases). Therefore it will recognize 'Ship product'
as a successor of 'check payment' and 'ship product' a predecessor of
'request refund'.  Will add arrow heads as requested.

2. Can we highlight the whole phase (aka individual chevron) the properties
of which are shown in [2] instead of highlighting the text field?
                Will change it as requested.

         3. What does "reset canvas" in [3] do?  Erasing all of the
canvas?  Is this is the case, I assume that a dialog pops
 up asking the user whether he really wants this, correct?

               Reset canvas is only found in chevron create page, so that
the user can clear the canvas if needed. (Delete all elements). Will add a
dialog popup.

          4. When describing [5], you say that "Reset" creates a new
diagram. In this case we should call the button "new".            And the
"old" diagram should automatically stored (or you ask the user what to do
with the existing diagram).

 Frank this clear canvas option is only given in create phase page. This is
under the impression that the user wants to remove all elements that he
drew (before clicking on create to save it ) and re draw a new diagram. So
do we need to save the old diagram here? If we still need to, we can let
him save it locally?

          5.In [4], when will the annotation of a phase be shown close to
it: when I hover over the "+", or when I click the "+"?  Is there a button
that allows me to display all annotations at once?

           Annotations are shown when the user clicks on "+"  since it
gives more control to the user. Will include a button to display all
annotations.

        6. In [4], we should not overlay the phases with their annotations.
Instead, they should be shown on top, below, left,        right,...
(consistently) of the phase. And, yes, this means that we have to auto
layout the diagram when the                    proximity annotations are
requests, and we have to restore the diagram as modeled once display of
annotations are  switched off.  Chevron diagrams are often presented with
proximity annotations, i.e. the cluttering problem that you mentioned has
to be solved (by automatic layouting,e.g.
            +1 ,will include it .

Thanks & Regards,
Himasha

--