Hi Gimantha,

it depends on the scenario:  if you want to check existence of resource
it's fine to use a GET on this resource and receive a "404 Not Found".

But the subtlety is that "Not Found" according to HTTP is statement in
time: you cannot infer that the resource "does not exist", all that 404
says is that it cannot be found at this point in time, i.e. it maybe found
later. If your scenario doesn't care about that you are fine.

Furthermore, in case the resource in fact is found, the GET on this
resource will return the complete table. This might not be acceptable if
you only want to get an indicator that the exists. The signal for existence
shouldn't the possibly huge table itself.

Thus, depending on your scenario you may consider a corresponding
function.  By the way, this is completely compliant to the REST style that
foresees such "processing function resources".

Best regards,
Frank