On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:

> In my view, based on what we have discussed so far, we can live with
> SNAPSHOT  dependancies for milestone releases.
>
> But we can decide to do more
>
>    1. If we can align milestone releases with component releases, IMO it
>    is a good thing to encourage frequent releases of components.
>    2. However, it is not good if we need to fork maven release plugin.
>    3. One potential solution is to make it optional and ask teams to
>    release only components they feel are stable in milestone releases and
>    others can stay as SNAPSHOTs.

+1 for the above points. Using maven release plugin is not the correct way
to do a milestone release as it is intended for actual releases. If we
really want to use release plugin for a milestone release, and if there are
snapshot dependencies, then we can use the ignoreSnapshots property (as
mentioned by kasunG). Else, doing a milestone build from a builder machine
would be enough IMO.

--
*Kishanthan Thangarajah*
Senior Software Engineer,