Hi Miyuru,

For starters try out this[1] sample. But please note
that storm-deployment-config.xml is now part of event-processing.xml which
is at <CARBON_HOME>/repository/conf. So steps may vary slightly. AFAIK
separate effort is there to enrich storm documentation. You can contribute
to that as well with your experience on setting this as a fresh user. :)
Also when setting the local storm cluster  follow installing storm release
locally section on [2]. You need to have Apache Zookeeper running also to
run Apache Storm.
After you have a working sample you can use the same setup to deploy
different query plans into storm and test.

Feel free to reach out to myself or Lasantha if there is any problem.

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP400/Sample+2001+-+Simple+filter+query+with+Apache+Storm+deployment
[2]
https://storm.apache.org/documentation/Setting-up-development-environment.html
​

Thanks,
Tishan

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Miyuru Dayarathna <miyu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any setup instructions document for setting up the software
> environment for carbon-event-processing project (In particular to get the
> following code running?).
>

> https://github.com/wso2/carbon-event-processing/tree/master/components/event-processor/org.wso2.carbon.event.processor.common/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/event/processor/common/storm/component
>
> Thanks,
> Miyuru
>

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Miyuru Dayarathna <miyu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Srinath,
>>
>> Ok,I will work on finding a good benchmark for these performance tests.
>> Also I will talk with Suho and some other team member from CEP team as you
>> mentioned.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Miyuru
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Miyuru, can you try this out and run a bench mark. Please find a good
>>> benchmark and respond to this thread so we can discuss.
>>>
>>> Suho, can someone from CEP point him to details and help.
>>>
>>> --Srinath
>>>
>>> --
>>> ============================
>>> Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com twitter:@srinath_perera
>>> Site: http://people.apache.org/~hemapani/
>>> Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemapani/
>>> Phone: 0772360902

>> Miyuru Dayarathna
>> Senior Technical Lead
>> Mobile: +94713527783
>> Blog: http://miyurublog.blogspot.com

> Miyuru Dayarathna
> Senior Technical Lead
> Mobile: +94713527783
> Blog: http://miyurublog.blogspot.com

--
Tishan Dahanayakage
Software Engineer

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
re-transmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in
this communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions.