Hi,

WSO2 Carbon Metrics [1] is an independent feature and it not part of the
Carbon Kernel. I wanted to keep metrics configurations separate and
therefore when products install the Metrics Feature, the metrics components
will work without any manual changes. This fact was not discussed before
and I just wanted metrics to be a self-contained feature.

Since the Carbon supports loading data sources from
$CARBON_HOME/repository/conf/datasources/*-datasources.xml files, I don't
see any issue with keeping the metrics datasource in a separate file.

However, from a product's perspective, I can understand that it's good to
have datasource configurations in one file. So, for products like MB, we
can stop copying metrics-datasources.xml file from Maven assembly and
maintain metrics datasource in product's master-datasources.xml file.

[1] https://github.com/wso2/carbon-metrics

--
Isuru Perera
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/