Hi All,

As you all aware , there are big changes from PPaaS 4.0.0 to 4.1.0 with
respect to the PPaaS architecture and artifacts deployment process. With
the introduction of the Composite Application model , now we couldn't use
the PPaaS 4.0.0 artifacts or artifacts deployment pattern with PPaaS 4.1.0

So we suggest to have a Artifact Converting Tool for those who need to
migrate from PPaaS 4.0.0 to 4.1.0

We can think about the following functionalities with that tool.

1. Provide the additional details that needs for the PPaaS 4.1.0
deployments as inputs for this tool.
eg : Composite application related information, start up orders /
dependency order /termination order related information.
 There we might need several other inputs as well. So we need to finalize
what are the additional inputs that might need for PPaaS 4.1.0

2. Get the artifacts jsons of the PPaaS 4.0.0 and convert that jsons into
PPaaS 4.1.0 based on the Step 1 inputs and PPaaS 4.1.0 artifacts templates.
We can put them as a outputs of the tool.

3. As a additional thing we can think to automate the PPaaS 4.1.0
deployment by calling the Stratos rest API with using the above generated
artifacts.

IMO we can think about python sort of a productive technology to develop
this tool.

WDYT? Please share you suggestions on this.

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne