Hi All,

I am working on adding ESB Application to App Factory. Currently all
application type related code is developed and sample code also done. While
looking into adding ESB container faced an issue.

Currently AF dev setups and App Cloud deployed all the products which are
based on Carbon 4.2.0. But ESB 4.9.0 contains a feature to add log
filtering based on Capp names. But AFAIK ESB 4.9.0 is based on carbon
4.4.x. So we cannot mount existing databases to ESB 4.9.0.

So the possible solutions are as below.

   1.

   Go with ESB 4.8.1 for now. (Later we need to upgrade all the products to
   4.4.x kernel) Backport the fix for logging to 4.8.1 if possible. (@ESB team
   is this possible?)
   2.

   Deploy ESB 4.9.0 with new database schemas and when we create tenants we
   will need to create tenants in ESB as well and also when we create
   resources we need to replicate them in ESB as well.
   3.

   Add ESB similar to a single tenant cartridge (ESB per version) and point
   it to databases created from 4.4.x database schemas. These databases will
   be per container. Issues with this are we need to replicate the resources
   we create in ESB containers and if container get killed we will lose the
   data. And implementation will be much more complex.

I am +1 for the Solution #1 since later in the day we need to upgrade all
products and it’s less complex in deployment. And also in the worst case if
we can’t patch with the logging feature then log download function won’t be
available immediately to ESB application types.

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/