Hi Roshan,

Seems like there are scenarios where some operations are not supported in
the fabric8 apis. For example an api is not available to create an ingress
kind using the Kubernetes client apis. I have communicated this with them
[1] and they have obliged with the fact that indeed this is not available.
They have provided me directions implement it myself. But since this might
take some time, we will need to go ahead with calling the Kubernetes REST
apis directly. Found api definitions of all the apis in [2].

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fabric8/pDBa_8qctcM
[2]
http://kubernetes.io/third_party/swagger-ui/#!/apis%2Fextensions%2Fv1beta1/createNamespacedIngress

Regards
Gayan

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Roshan Deniyage <rosh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>     This seems like "RuntimeProvisioningAPI" is a generic API which used
> to talk to underline run-time infrastructure (in this case, its container
> orchestration system). So, this  model is quite extensible since it allows
> us to write adapters to talk to up coming alternatives.
>
> So, when it comes to write adapter to call kubernetes API, are we using
> direct REST API or any other third party library like *fabric8*?
>
> If third party libraries are used, then are they providing interfaces for
> all the required operations? If not how can we implement and maintain those
> additional operations?
>
> ​Thanks,
> Roshan Deniyage
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2, Inc: http://wso2.com
>
> Mobile    :  +94 777636406 / +1 408 667 6254
> Twitter    :  *https://twitter.com/roshku <https://twitter.com/roshku>*
> LinkedIn :  https://www.linkedin.com/in/roshandeniyage
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Lahiru Manohara <lahir...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We will be updating AppFactory runtime with Kubernetes and AppFactory
>> user stories will be discussed in Wikpage *[1].* The implementation will
>> be, integrate with new API as another Java layer of AppFactory and It will
>> be shown in following diagram *[2]*.
>>
>> *[2]*
>> [image: Inline image 3]
>> The Runtime Provisioning API, We have AppFactory specific set of
>> operations. Each operation will be discussed on the following document
>> attached herewith *[AF_Runtime_Provisioning_API.pdf]*. Initially, we are
>> going to implement only operation which are listed on the document. Future,
>> we will be implementing the billing module and we have to collect statistic
>> of the runtimes and its operations will be added to the API. According to
>> the design, affect of the dependent client applications of the AppFactory
>> will be minimized. Also Runtime Provisioning API will be authenticated via
>> a system user. Appreciate your ideas on the above design.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> *[1] *
>>
>> https://github.com/wso2/product-af/wiki/Mapping-App-Factory-User-Stories-with-Kubernetes
>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fwso2%2Fproduct-af%2Fwiki%2FMapping-App-Factory-User-Stories-with-Kubernetes&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHoWqe19iF7wemKLOXa0HMyFbu5wA>