Is it going to be complete functional Deprecate? If yes, there will be not
forward compatibility during the upgrades.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Isuru Udana <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Harshana,
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Harshana Eranga Martin <
> harshan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kasun,
>>
>> Please see the comments inline.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Harshana
>> --
>> Harshana Eranga Martin
>>
>> Committer - Eclipse ECF: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/
>> Blog: http://harshana05.blogspot.com
>> Profile: https://www.google.com/profiles/harshana05
>>
>> On 9 December 2015 at 17:41, Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Shall we deprecate following mediators in 4.10 release.
>>>
>>> *- Callout mediator :*
>>>  All the callout functionality is supported with 'call' mediator with
>>> blocking=true. Having two similar mediators will be create a bit of a
>>> confusion.
>>>

>> Can we use the Call mediator with blocking=true instead of Callout
>> mediator for the NTLM scenarios?
>>
>> I have tried a NTLM scenario recently with Call mediator and
>> blocking=true in ESB 4.9.0 but it didn't work while the Callout mediator
>> works fine for the same scenario. I also assumed Call mediator would work
>> but it didn't. Can you please check and verify?
>>
>> If that the case, we need to fix that bug.
>

>>> *- DBReport/DBLookup mediator*
>>> These mediators offer very limited functionality and we always recommend
>>> to integrate with databases with the use of DSS (using a separate DSS or
>>> using DSS features inside ESB)
>>>
>>> *- Bean, POJOCommand, Spring* : Rarely used mediators and no active
>>> development happens on these.
>>> *- Router* : Same as filter mediator, so no use of having this.
>>> *- In, Out * : Rarely used and often not required with the new
>>> call/respond mediator approach.
>>>
>>> Any comments  on these or any other features that we should deprecate
>>> from 4.10 release?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kasun.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kasun Indrasiri
>>> Software Architect
>>> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> cell: +94 77 556 5206
>>> Blog : http://kasunpanorama.blogspot.com/

> *Isuru Udana*
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> email: isu...@wso2.com cell: +94 77 3791887
> blog: http://mytecheye.blogspot.com/

Vanjikumaran Sivajothy
*Associate Technical Lead*
*WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>*
*USA Mobile **+1-812-361-1286*
*Srilanka Mobile:+94-777-219-209*
[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/vanjikumaran> [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/vanjikumaran> [image: LinkedIn]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vanjikumaran-sivajothy/25/b31/293> [image:
Blogger] <http://vanjikumaran.blogspot.com/> [image: SlideShare]
<http://www.slideshare.net/vanjikumaran>

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information
and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print,
copy, re-transmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained
in this communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions