Hi Sagara, Kishanthan,

AFAIK If the packaging type is maven-archetype, it should be listed in the
archetype catalog. For previous archetypes also it wasn't listed after the
first update and I sent an email also to maven users list asking about
this. I didn't get any response but after a few days it had been updated. I
can't remember exactly how much time it took.

Anyway I will ask about this in the jira.

Thank you.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Kishanthan Thangarajah <
> kishant...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> IIRC, the archetype catalogs are normally updated on every Sundays. Since
>> we released the archetype last week, it should have been indexed and
>> updated yesterday. We could wait for a one or two days and check again via
>> the jira we created for this, if the archetype is not updated in the
>> catalog list.
>>

> According to this[1] it has updated on Sunday night but still above
> archetype is not there, may be we should ask through the JIRA WDYT ?
>
> [1] - http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/last_updated.txt
>
> Thanks !
>

>> @Manuri, in the mean time could we check whether is there any differences
>> between the two?
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> It seems MSF4J archetype is not listed in Maven
>>> central archetype-catalog file [1], this leads few major usability issues.
>>>
>>> 1. )  Most popular approach to use an archetype is, run
>>> archetype:generate goal with -Dfilter option to get interactive mode, this
>>> is not supported for MSF4J due to above issue.
>>>
>>> e.g  : "mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.wso2.msf4j"  is not working.
>>>

>>> 2.) Also if someone run archetype:generate goal only, he should have
>>> provided a list of archetypes to pick a specific one interactively, due to
>>> same issue above list does not contains an entry for MSF4J.
>>>
>>>  e.g  : "mvn archetype:generate "  is not working.
>>>

>>> 3.) ATM only way to use above archetype is,  provide all 8 inputs as
>>> options for archetype:generate goal (non- interactive mode), that is not
>>> widely used and personally I never tend to use that option.
>>>
>>>  e.g :
>>>  mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.wso2.msf4j \
>>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=msf4j-microservice -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 \
>>> -DgroupId=org.example -DartifactId=Hello-Service
>>> -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT \
>>> -Dpackage=org.example.service -DserviceClass=HelloService
>>>

>>> In the meantime I noticed archetypes we provided for Carbon kernel 5 is
>>> listed in archetype-catalog.xml[1] file and support for all 3 modes (e.g
>>> - mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.wso2.carbon ) I guess we are missing
>>> something in MSF4J archetype, can someone look into this please ?
>>>

>>> [1] - http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml
>>>

>>> Thanks !
>>> --
>>> Sagara Gunathunga

> [...]