According to the chat I had with Johann, we have came up with this model.
Basically as per now in C4 we don't have a way to add a permission
dynamically, and similar requirement has been raised in IS as well and they
have come up with this model.

The main reason for this is, there might be some dashboard that you are
working on and want to share between some users and grant some privileges.
It's not doable with global permission, bcz having an edit permission for
say sales dashboard doesn't mean you have the permission for admin
dashboard. Therefore this needs to be controlled per dashboard, not
globally.

Thanks,
Sinthuja.

*Sinthuja Rajendran*