On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Dinusha Senanayaka <dinu...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Sanjeewa Malalgoda <sanje...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The purpose of implementing client tool is to ease admins/devopts task.
>>> If we think of end user point of view(api creator) client tool do not help
>>> much.
>>> I don't believe usual API creator, publishers will use this client much.
>>> If we need to let them to export API then we should give them UI option.
>>>
>>> So most of the time this will be use by system administrators and
>>> devopts people to move artifacts between environments. In such cases
>>> creating new application and embedding it to app would not be a problem.
>>> And also if this is more of admin tool then we can use other securing
>>> mechanisms such as basic auth.
>>>

>> The import/export tool is a client side library which consumes the
>> product REST APIs. Since the REST APIs are protected over OAuth I don't
>> think using Basic Auth is an option.
>>

> Can we introduce a new permission/s [1] and a scope. If user is having
> these permissions, which we should consider as a sys-admin and allow to
> perform any of the REST API calls. Same time, if the tool need to be used
> by normal creator/publisher user, we can keep the logic Kaveesha has
> initially mentioned.

Sorry, I don't get the exact problem you're trying to solve.

Let's say someone wants to import an API. What basically happens here is
that you're creating an API somewhere. In order to do that you need to have
the "creator" role (to get the required scope).  So sys-admin or whoever,
as long as that person has the required permissions, can perform the import
function. Therefore what is the reason you would require to introduce a new
permission?