Hi Azeez,

Even with the pom based approach (as noted by Kishanthan), we do not have
the luxury of totally getting rid of this file, carbon.product
since both underlying, but external tycho and equinox launcher plug-ins
used by our carbon-feature-plugin require this file as an input.

So IMO, the only improvement that we can introduce here is supporting
templated-dynamic-creation of the file at carbon-feature-plugin level
using the standard carbon kernel version values available in the
distribution pom.

Thanks,
Dilan.

*Dilan U. Ariyaratne*