Hi All,
What if we can bundle another level of "default-deployment.yaml" which is
packed inside a jar. This will provide the defaults for the product X. This
file is/meant not user editable as it is inside a jar. Product team can
select the values for "default-deployment.yaml" based on their requirements.

So any property overridden like,

Component Class default -> "default-deployment.yaml" -> "deployment.yaml"

Cheers,
Ruwan

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:24 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Danesh Kuruppu <dan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jayanga,
>>
>> it is defaulted to the component. any product which is using the
>> component will get the same default values. If a product need values other
>> than the default value, they have to override it in the deployment.yaml.
>> default values should be component related values, not related for the
>> specific product.
>>

> This is true in ideal cases but practically we have more complex use
> cases, taking the same example identity-mgt is a generic F/W kind of a
> component which allows to register/manage IdentityStore connectors and
> there is no component level default connector concept, it's just a
> registration/management capability, only in product level(IS) we ship
> default  IdentityStore connectors.  Here we have 2 options ..
>
> 1.) As there is no default connector in component level, all the products
> including IS has to provide default connectors  in  deployment.yaml, then
> this is not kind of value overridden and when number of such components
> increase default size of the deployment.yaml will increase which again
> result into deviate from original motivation of deployment.yaml.
>

> 2. ) In cases of components do not have default values we can hard cord
> default values according to the base product, in this way at least base
> product  can keep deployment.yaml clean.
>
> WDYT ?
>

> Thanks !
>

>> Thanks
>> Danesh
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 3:58 AM, Jayanga Kaushalya <jayan...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If we are hard-coding default values to the bean class, are those values
>>> should be default to the component or to the product which is
>>> (frequently) using that component ? If we use default values related to the
>>> product then we can use that values directly in the specific product and if
>>> some other product is using that component, they have to override it in the
>>> deployment.yaml. For example product-is is using component identity-mgt. So
>>> what should be the default values for the config files coming from
>>> identity-mgt component ? Are those should be defaulted to the product-is
>>> related values or to the component related values and product-is should
>>> always override them from deployment.yaml.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> *Jayanga Kaushalya*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> Mobile: +94777860160 <+94%2077%20786%200160>
>>> WSO2 Inc. | http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware

>> *Danesh Kuruppu*
>> Senior Software Engineer | WSO2
>>
>> Email: dan...@wso2.com
>> Mobile: +94 (77) 1690552 <+94%2077%20169%200552>
>> Web: WSO2 Inc <https://wso2.com/signature>
>>

> --
> Sagara Gunathunga

> [...]

*Ruwan Abeykoon*