Hi All,

In Oauth /token endpoint and /revoke endpoint

https://localhost:9443/oauth2/token
https://localhost:9443/oauth2/revoke

required authorization with client key, client secret in basic auth
headers. Currently in implementation we validate those headers after
serving request to JAX-RS endpoints. Basically /token, /revoke endpoints
are unsecured. There is significant amount of processing happen even for
wrong client secret.

Since we have REST API  interceptor layer In IS 5.3.0  can we use it to
validate client credentials ? We may need to plug an additional
authenticator to validate client key, client secret in basic auth headers.
This authenticator may conflict with basic authenticator because both
authenticators validate basic auth credentials different way. There are two
approaches to avoid the conflict.

*#option 01 *
Increase the priority of newly added authenticator and check the context
inside authenticator canHandle.

*#option 01 *
Increase the priority of newly added authenticator and check existence of
oauth application from client key.

WDYT?

--
Gayan Gunawardana