On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Harsha Thirimanna <hars...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gayan,
>>
>> What are you trying to achieve by moving the client-secret validation
>> logic to the interceptor from the jax-rs layer?
>>

> ​Actually, we have separate layer to pass the secured API in IS and it is
> common service that can be used for any product. AppManager also using
> that.
> In here also Gayan is trying to get the security check into that common
> layer instead of allowing to go into the next level to validate headers.  ​

Are we going to use common basic authentication handler  ?

BTW;  Client credentials can be received as url param..  Are we validating
them in here ?  If it is not;  Why are we introducing two validation points
for same ?

Actually I do not see much use of changing the current validation model.

Thanks,
Asela.

>> Since both run on the same JVM, doesn't the overhead of the process
>> remain the same, irrespective of where it runs?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NuwanD.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Gayan Gunawardana <ga...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In Oauth /token endpoint and /revoke endpoint
>>>
>>> https://localhost:9443/oauth2/token
>>> https://localhost:9443/oauth2/revoke
>>>
>>> required authorization with client key, client secret in basic auth
>>> headers. Currently in implementation we validate those headers after
>>> serving request to JAX-RS endpoints. Basically /token, /revoke endpoints
>>> are unsecured. There is significant amount of processing happen even for
>>> wrong client secret.
>>>
>>> Since we have REST API  interceptor layer In IS 5.3.0  can we use it to
>>> validate client credentials ? We may need to plug an additional
>>> authenticator to validate client key, client secret in basic auth headers.
>>> This authenticator may conflict with basic authenticator because both
>>> authenticators validate basic auth credentials different way. There are two
>>> approaches to avoid the conflict.
>>>
>>> *#option 01 *
>>> Increase the priority of newly added authenticator and check the context
>>> inside authenticator canHandle.
>>>
>>> *#option 01 *
>>> Increase the priority of newly added authenticator and check existence
>>> of oauth application from client key.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gayan Gunawardana
>>> Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com/
>>> Email: ga...@wso2.com
>>> Mobile: +94 (71) 8020933

>> Nuwan Dias
>>
>> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
>> email : nuw...@wso2.com
>> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>

Thanks & Regards,
Asela

ATL
Mobile : +94 777 625 933