@Bhathiya,

Our initial plan was to provide an advanced option for developers to decide
the version(Whether in Swagger 2.0 or OpenAPI 3.0)  of the generating
swagger definition, but later we decided to stick to OpenAPI 3.0 for newly
creating APIs to avoid some complexities in supporting both versions for
APIs which are created from scratch in API Publisher. We would further
check the feasibility and alternative solutions of supporting both versions
in API Design phase.

@Chamila
Thanks for bringing this up for discussion. Yes, we are planning to support
both swagger versions in REST APIs like API create, API update, API
Definition Update etc.

@Lakmal
I moved the summery of the conversation to [1] and we can continue the rest
of the discussion in the GitHub issue itself.