Hi all,

The private jet mode enables you to deploy APIs in a dedicated Gateway node
in Kubernetes. You do this in instances where the API has specialized
requirements, such as resource isolation or security isolation. When
publishing an API, the publisher can publish the API to a dedicated
gateway. Or else, he can combine multiple APIs and deploy those APIs in a
dedicated gateway. In this case, WSO2 API Microgateway is used as the
gateway. You have the flexibility to run WSO2 API Manager inside the
container management system, as well as externally. Two options are
available for this implementation.

Option 1

   - When we create an API in API manager it will create a .balx
   - A docker image needs to be created using that .balx and that image
   needs to be pushed to the Docker registry.
   - There are two methods to implement deployment and service of
   Kubernetes(K8s) artifacts
      1. Generate the YAML file and deploy it in K8s so that the customer
      can customize the configuration.
      2. Generate definitions directly and deploy in K8s.

In this method, we can implement a button to download the generated .balx
in the API. For any API, users are able to download the .balx for his API
from the Publisher.
[image: Option1.png]

*Pros:* .Balx Can be Downloaded Via User Interface
*Cons:* Increase the size of the product distribution due to Ballerina
dependencies.

Option 2

   - When we create an API in the API manager we can
   - Generate the YAML and deploy it in K8s. Or,
      - Generate definitions directly and deploy in K8s. These definitions
      include the Swagger as a config map.
   - Then we can mount the above config map in Init container so that the
   Microgateway toolkit inside that container can generate the .balx file by
   running the Microgateway toolkit.
   - Finally, the generated .balx can be passed to the Microgateway runtime.

This option is easy to implement but there will be no button in the user
interface to download the .balx.

[image: Option2.png]

*Pros:* Easy to implement and manage
*Cons:* Users can not download the .Balx

Appreciate your thoughts.
--
*Sachith Kasthuriarachchi *| Engineering Intern | WSO2 Inc
(m) +94 71 694 0826 | (w) www.wso2.com | (e) sachit...@wso2.com

<http://goog_1559380502>
<http://wso2.com/signature>