+1 to have a consistency of defining claims. We have a claim [1] which
saying the word "verify email" and need to extra care on the claim name and
it's good claim URI self explain the usage of it. Any particular reason to
use userstore claim (http://wso2.org/claims/emailaddress.verificationPending)
here without using identity claim? Introducing map attributes in the
existing LDAP, AD is not something easy.

[1] http://wso2.org/claims/identity/verifyEmail

Thanks
Godwin

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 7:28 AM Malithi Edirisinghe <malit...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 5:09 PM Ruwan Abeykoon <ruw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dewni/Malithi,
>>
>> Can we use "*Primary*Email.verificationPending"  instead of
>> verificationPending*Primary*Email?
>> In this way we can design a regex for any future pending verifications,
>> like "PrimaryPhone.verificationPending"
>>

> +1.
> @Dewni Weeraman <de...@wso2.com> , as this binds to the "emailaddress" (
> http://wso2.org/claims/emailaddress) claim right now, I think we can have
> it as "emailaddress.verificationPending" (
> http://wso2.org/claims/emailaddress.verificationPending).
>
> So that it properly reflects for which claim verification is pending.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Ruwan A
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 6:20 AM Dewni Weeraman <de...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We will be providing the feature for $subject only in instances where
>>> the user's primary email address is to be updated. When a SCIM update
>>> request for the primary email address is performed, the email address to
>>> which the verification email is sent is represented via the
>>> "verificationPendingPrimaryEmail" attribute in the SCIM response body.
>>> The mutability of "verificationPendingPrimaryEmail" attribute will be set
>>> to *readOnly *so as to prevent direct insertion or modification of this
>>> attribute via a SCIM request. Please note that initially this new attribute
>>> was planned to be named as "verificationPendingEmail", however since the
>>> above feature is only applicable for the primary email address, we have
>>> changed the wording to "verificationPending*Primary*Email" to avoid any
>>> confusion.
>>>
>>> In a scenario where the update request contains claims in addition to
>>> the email address, these other claims will be updated. The HTTP response
>>> status code will be *200 - OK. *As discussed previously in this mail
>>> thread the email claim will not be updated. The new email address is
>>> stored against "verificationPendingPrimaryEmail" claim until the
>>> verification process has been completed successfully.
>>>
>>> Formerly it was decided that the presence of the "verifyEmail" attribute
>>> in the SCIM request is mandatory to trigger the verification. We have
>>> identified that then we will have the complexity of handling update
>>> requests to SCIM /Me endpoint and /Users endpoint separately. The reason
>>> for this is the user can update the email address directly using the /Me
>>> endpoint without triggering an email verification if the request doesn't
>>> contain "verifyEmail" attribute despite the feature being enabled via the
>>> server configuration or not. To avoid this malicious behavior we have
>>> decided that enabling this feature will solely depend on the server
>>> configuration and we will not be checking on the availability of
>>> "verifyEmail" attribute in the SCIM request.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dewni

> [...]

Godwin Amila Shrimal | Technical Lead | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +44 744 466 3849 | (w) +44 203 696 6510 | (e) god...@wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/signature>