Hello Wendy,

As you note, various improvements have been made to the Manage Top Containers
searching in recent releases. (A big thank you to the folks at Harvard for
their recent contributions in this area, including making the terms used in the
last search sticky.) Across the application, we also added resource identifiers
to the typeahead/linker display area in 2.8.1 to make it easier for users to
identify which resource is the one of interest. There’s more information about
using the Manage Top Containers area in the ArchivesSpace Help Center
(https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/917045261/ArchivesSpace+Help+Center).

You’re correct that right now the typeaheads do a keyword search across all
resource records as a user is typing along. Nothing is currently planned to
change that, but please feel free to submit a feature request to JIRA if you’d
like to suggest this behavior be changed. There’s information about how to do
that at
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/19202060/How+to+Request+a+New+Feature.

Christine

Christine Di Bella