Thanks. We have Ariel 3.4. I hope to reinstall the newest driver program from
the internet today and see if that solves it, it did once before, Ed.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of ILL_PSC ILL_PSC
Sent: Thu 11/20/2008 4:49 PM
To: Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System
Subject: Re: [ARIE-L] Ariel error message problem

Dear Ed,

I  have Ariel 4.1.

I checked my SCAN preferences and I don't have either ISIS or TWAIN selected.
Instead I have SCANNER SPECIFIC DIALOG selected.

It allows me to use the scanner software and settings to preview the pages,
crop, rotate, and adjust things before scanning each page into Ariel. I don't
know if this will work for you or not, but it's a work around for people who
have non-Ariel compliant scanners -- like me.

Linda

Linda Celet Bane
Interlibrary Loan (PWS/PWSA)
Mary F. Shipper Library/LRC
Potomac State College of WVU
Keyser, WV  26726-2697
phone: (304)788-6903
fax: (304)788-6946
Ariel: 157.182.165.30, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Document Delivery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:47 PM

We scan a few pages and then get the error message below. This happened
once before and we downloaded the Twain instead of the ISIS driver and
it stopped. Now we're using the Twain driver (for two years or so), I
guess we'll get the newest one off the internet and reinstall it. Any
other suggestions welcome -

Irregular status is detected in scanner.
If this status recurs after power cycling please give following sense
key and ASC code to your service provider:
If ASC code is the following please confirm following status before
power cycling.
-When ASC = 0x580 confirm it the shipping log (if any) is set at
'Release' position.
-When ASC = 0x680 clean the sheet guide (white part) in ADF.
(Code: DS42001)
Sense key=0x4
ASC = 0x680

Edward Helmrich