Hi Suzanne.

Here is the reply I received from Infotrieve on October 6th when we were looking for a new scanner:

Thanks for asking. Here is a more detailed list.

The scanners tested with 4.1.1 are:

OpticBook 3600 - Excellent (small unit with a lot of extras)
OpticBook PL806 - Great (small unit with an ADF)
Minolta PS7000 (tested by Minolta)
Fujitsu fi5750c - Works great! (Medium size unit & fast - Fujitsu's in general work well with Ariel) Fujitsu fi-5015c - Works great (ADF functionality requires Fujitsu software)
HP ScanJet 6300c (Small unit & slower then fujitsu)

I would recommend using our free trial version of Ariel 4.1.1 to test:
http://www4.infotrieve.com/ariel/freetrial.asp

If you have problems during testing try -

*Using the manufactures dialog box
*The ISIS driver vs the Twain
*Scan outside of Ariel & import into the queue

We also support an online community of Ariel users that share information about different products & software that may not be supported by Infotrieve, but sometimes function together with Ariel.

You can find this discussion group @
& check this client created scanner list:
http://www.shareill.org/index.php/Ariel_Scanners

Scanner list from clients feedback:

Fujitsu M3096GX
Minolta PS 7000
Minolta PS3000
Fujitsu ScanPartner 15C
Minolta PS5000c
HP Scanjet 4370
Ricoh Aficio ISO1
Fujitsu Scan Partner 93GX
Fujitsu 4220C2
Fujitsu 4030C
Fujitsu FI-4340C
HP Scanjet 8350
Bell & Howell 730DCFB (w/ ISIS driver)
HP scanjet 5590
Canon DR5080c
Canon DR-4010c (Works with TWAIN, but not ISIS on 4.1.1)

Thanks | Bijan

Ariel Support

Paul Landers
I.T. Section Manager