Concerning 4.1.1 and Minolta PS 7000--A word of caution--

Though it's "tested by Minolta", I think that's only for the older
version of Ariel. We have the Minolta PS7000 and it works fine (not
great) with 3.4. But though we bought Ariel 4.1.1 quite a while ago, we
decided NOT to implement it.

Using 4.1.1 with this scanner makes the process MORE difficult, more
steps, and you can't preview what you have scanned until after the whole
document is scanned. NOT an improvement at all in our opinion, but a
step backward. The scanner needs a new driver to work better with 4.1.1
and no one is willing to develop that. So we'll stick with 3.4 for the
foreseeable future; though a bit cumbersome, it works tolerably well.

Mary

Mary Kreinbring   kreinbri...@ada.org
Director
Library Services
312.440.2642 (phone)
312.440.2774 (fax)

American Dental Association  211 E. Chicago Ave.  Chicago,  IL
60611-2678  www.ada.org