Linda,

We are using 4.1.1 and the only way it seems to work smoothly for me here is
to first install Ariel 3.4, and then run the 4.1.1 (ariel411.exe) installer,
selecting Yes at the prompt to setup MSDE.  If I try to run the 4.1.1.
installer without first installing 3.4 it complains about missing components
and fails to run.

Afterward I copy the winariel.ini file from the old machine into the Ariel
directory on the new and I'm usually good to go.

Jim

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Interlibrary Loan <ar...@keene.edu> wrote:

> We are getting a new Ariel computer tomorrow!!
>
> Do any one of you helpful people have any tips?
>
> We do already know about not being able to upgrade from our (formerly)
> most recent version.
>

> Thank you so much!
>

> Linda
>

> Linda Madden