We're using Illiad 8.1, Ariel 4.1 on Windows 7.

From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Janet Stewart
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:33 PM
To: Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System
Subject: RE: [ARIE-L] Bookeye 4 scanner w/BSCAN software

Which version of ILLiad
Janet Stewart
Interlibrary Loan
Healey Library
UMass Boston
janet.stew...@umb.edu<mailto:janet.stew...@umb.edu>
617-287-5931

are you running?

From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Scholl, Jodi A
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:44 PM
To: 'Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System'
Subject: [ARIE-L] Bookeye 4 scanner w/BSCAN software

All,

Is anyone out there using the Bookeye4 scanner with the BSCAN software?
University of Iowa just purchased one for the ILL office and we are having a
very difficult time using it in production. We've been on the phone with the
vendor 6+ times in the month since we set it up, and every time they web-ex in
and check the functionality using the diagnostic tools online, it works fine.
We hang up the phone and disconnect the web-ex session and begin to scan and it
doesn't work again. We don't have enough experience with the product to know
how it should work, since we haven't been able to use it for Ariel or Illiad
processing since we purchased it in mid-May.

Has anyone else had trouble with the Bookeye4 hardware with the BSCAN software
running Illiad, Odyssey and/or Ariel?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jodi

Jodi Scholl

University of Iowa Libraries

Head, Library IT Operations & Support Services

Iowa City, IA

Jodi Scholl
Head, LIT Operations & Support Services
University of Iowa Libraries