>>> On 6/29/2011 at 02:58 PM, Jennifer Fritz <jfr...@law.gwu.edu> wrote:
> Bookeye/BSCAN.  It appears having a second NIC confuses Ariel, causing
> us to not be able to use Ariel's file transfer functionality (but the
> email functionality seems to work fine).  It's hugely frustrating.

What's really confusing Ariel is probably that the 'network' connection to the
BookEye NIC is faster than the connection between the other NIC and your
network, so Ariel wants to use it instead. Ariel doesn't seem to get the idea
of not trying to route public traffic over a private network.

If you can set the Interface Metric in Windows 7 so that the BookEye NIC is
'slower' than the other NIC, Ariel won't try to use it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540

We don't use our BookEye for ILL anymore, but we had that issue when we first
installed it on Windows XP. It didn't seem to impact scanning speeds as the
network connection to the scanner wasn't a bottleneck.

HTH,
David

David Jones                                     mailto:djo...@scu.edu
Library Systems Manager                  http://www.scu.edu/library/
University Library                               fax:   408-551-1805
Santa Clara University                            phone: 408-551-7167
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara CA 95053-0500