On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<l...@lkcl.net> wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68

>  RISC-V is *significantly* less power-hungry, performance/watt.  also,
> those 3 watts will include a Monster GPU, which will be being used for
> accelerated graphics.  and, there will be *two* 32-bit data-wide DDR3
> interfaces, not the one.  that'll be 600mW minus the interfaces btw
> (including DDR3 driving and GPIO).

The A72 which they quote as their target is consuming 700-900 watts
per core, let alone the entire package. If they can drop power
consumption that much( assuming a quad core ~75% less power
consumption) then this is way more revolutionary than I thought.

Does that cover all the specialized hardware and video accel too?.
What's your definition of a monster gpu? Running 1080p at 60hz on a
browser is a must imo and wether we like it or not wayland is the
future so it will also need some sort of opengl compliant gpu just for
futureproofing.