It seems I was right to purchase a shorter micro-USB cable.
Now the output of `cu -s 1500000 -l /dev/cuaU0' displays correctly.

I am still unable to boot from the micro-SD card.
I had succeeded once when the emmc was partially damaged,
even installing openbsd on it alas at the time support was minimal.

I created my micro-SD card in the most canonical way:
https://pastebin.com/9C3cgr6N

And here is the result/output when trying to boot the chip:
With empty SD card slot: https://pastebin.com/kYNusksB
With SD card inserted: https://pastebin.com/cfesASbm

Is there no way to boot from an SD card without using tools
available only on either Windows or Linux ?

Reference links :
ARM SoC official documentation
- https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/Firefly-RK3399/
OpenBSD official arm64 documentation / installation notes
- https://www.openbsd.org/arm64.html
- https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.4/arm64/INSTALL.arm64

--
Sylvain Saboua