> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:45:21 +0100
> From: Sylvain Saboua <sylvain.sab...@free.fr>

Hi Sylvain,

> It seems I was right to purchase a shorter micro-USB cable.
> Now the output of `cu -s 1500000 -l /dev/cuaU0' displays correctly.
>
> I am still unable to boot from the micro-SD card.
> I had succeeded once when the emmc was partially damaged,
> even installing openbsd on it alas at the time support was minimal.
>
> I created my micro-SD card in the most canonical way:
> https://pastebin.com/9C3cgr6N

These days:

# dd if=miniroot74.img of=/dev/rsd2c bs=1m
# dd if=/usr/local/share/u-boot/firefly-rk3399/u-boot-rockchip.bin
of=/dev/rsd2c seek=64

should be enough to get a bootable micro-SD card.  Also note that the
U-Boot from OpenBSD ports/packages uses the more standard 115200
baudrate.  However...

> And here is the result/output when trying to boot the chip:
> With empty SD card slot: https://pastebin.com/kYNusksB
> With SD card inserted: https://pastebin.com/cfesASbm

Unfortunately the RK3399 SoC attempts to boot from eMMC before even
looking at the micro-SD card.  And there is no way to disable the eMMC
on the firefly-rk3399 board.  So the only way to install OpenBSD on
these boards is to erase whatever is stored on the eMMC.  This can be
done from Linux, but I can't remember the commands I used for that.