Vladimir Nabokov once wrote that prizes should not be given to
anybody over the age of twelve. In the big picture, prizes
are silly but there is some value in discussing them. Wrt to
the economics prize, the question I rasied was about what
constitutes good economic analysis: the committee that
awards the econ nobel memorial prize, IIRC, has almost always given it to
individuals who are formally trained economists. Unless the
charter for the prize specifies that it should go to individuals
who are Ph.D.'s in economics or who publish in economics journals,
then there is no a priore reason they couldn't give it to
say, an historian who writes on the history of the firm (like alfred
chandler).

Fabio