jsamples wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

    I think that there would be potential principal/agent problems.  Would
such principal/agent problems be insurmountable?  I'm not sure, but I think
that they could be overcome.  Corporate managers incentives do not always
align with those of ill-informed stockholders for example, yet many companies
still manage to succeed and prosper.    I would imagine that both funders
would need to be satisfied that principal/agent problems could be reduced to a
manageable size before they would agree to fund the research in the first
place.

As an aside, I found a nice annotated bibliography on transaction cost
economics at:
http://uhavax.hartford.edu/~hjames/tce-bib.html

It was prepared by
Harvey S. James, Jr., Ph.D.