And also,

I know maybe  only a few (or none) of the people subscribing to this group
is a psychologist. But how true are those "personal attributes" test that
employers give to perspective employees? Those that you have to check
"traits others think about me" and "traits i think i have" or something
like that. Because like for example Standard Chartered requires that their
management trainees do get a certain set of qualities before they start to
hire them. Do anyone of you know in what percentages are the results
correct like maybe 90% of those test takers that say they are calm do
become good managers, etc...?

At 01:13 PM 4/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> > --- "Robert A. Book" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Isn't this what the GRE, MCAT, etc., are for?  Granted, they don't
> > > apply to all post-graduate plans, but it's a start.
>
>Fred Foldvary ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) responded:
> > How many employers require applicants having a BA/BS to have taken the GRE
> > etc. before they are considered for hiring?
> > If few do, then it shows the degree and grades are still a sufficient
> > criterion.
>

>Good point.  I'm sure few if any do, which raises an perhaps even more
>interesting question:
>
>Most graduate schools are part of universities which also have
>undergraduate programs, and most graduate schools require some
>standardized tests.  Does that mean they put less confidence in the
>degrees and grades they themselves give, than the employers do?
>

>There are two caveats to taking that question the way I'd like to.
>First, I suspect employers use personal interviews much more than
>graduate schools do; perhaps interviews produce more, or more relevant
>information than a standardized test.
>
>Second, I wonder how the standardized testing "community" would react
>to employers wanting to use existing tests for hiring purposes.
>Surely there is nothing to stop job applicants from taking the GRE,
>but I don't believe there is any existing mechanism for employers to
>receive score reports directly from ETS.  (Schools seem to want scores
>from ETS, not from the applicant, probably to prevent forgery.)  The
>absense of such a mechanism may mean there is no demand for the
>service from employers, or it could mean the suppliers refuse to
>supply for some reason.
>
>--Robert
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.