stagflation.

-----Original Message-----
From: fabio guillermo rojas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 5:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Economic anamolies and Kuhn

I'm teaching a course on the sociology of science and we read Kuhn's
structure of scientific revolutions. FYI, Kuhn says that science is
characterized by "paradigms" - most science works from basic assumptions
justified by "model achievements." Scientific change occurs when anamolies
- observations contradicting theory - undermine the "paradigm" and new
ideas are adopted.

Can someone provide me an example of an anamoly from the recent history of
economics that led to a fundamental change in economic theory?

Fabio