Hi Andy.

I don't think you've gotten a response on this.  Sorry for the delay
-- holidays.  Some comments below.

On 31/12/2008, at 1:18 AM, Andy_Paparountas wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> I really find this conversation very interesting. I am trying to
> analyze a set of 3 treatment and 3 control samples of MoGeneSt10
> array. Thus far with the code pwhite shared I was able to do RMA
> Background correction , quantile normalization and got QC , RLE ,
> NUSE , density plots.
>
> Q1.  Is there any code to get similar results to affyQCreport? or even
> how can we use affyQCreport to get QC from these arrays?

As far as I know, affyQCreport has not been ported to
aroma.affymetrix.  I usually make due with RLE, NUSE and density plots
for my QC.  If there is something specific in affyQCreport that you
like, it may be easy to port over.  Maybe you'd consider doing the
implementation.

> Q2. I tried to export my data to an AffyBatch object in order to play
> around with older methods
> ab <- extractAffyBatch(cs)
>
> but I got a Warning message:
> "CDF enviroment package 'mogene10stv1cdf' not installed. The 'affy'
> package will later try to download from Bioconductor and install it."
>
> of course  'mogene10stv1cdf' does not exist as far as I know ,
> instead  we should use "mogene10st.db".
>
> But what should the exact code be to connect the normalized data to
> the annotation contained inside "mogene10st.db" ?

A couple points here.  First, it looks like Bioconductor is not
currently supporting the 'affy' way of doing things for these new (1.0
ST) chips.  If you skim the BioC mailing list archives, the suggestion
is to use the 'oligo' package or 'xps'.  But, then you are outside the
world of AffyBatch objects.  So, it doesn't make sense to use
aroma.affymetrix's 'extractAffyBatch' for these chips.

Second, I believe 'mogene10st.db' only really maps the Gene 1.0 ST
identifiers to GO attributes, UNIGENE ids, chromosome locations and a
whole host of other things.  I don't think the physical probe
locations are present within 'mogene10st.db', so it is not a
replacement for the CDF file/environment.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Mark Robinson
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan