Hi Myriam

I don't know about aroma.affymetrix courses but for R your best place
to start, as a biologist, is at the Bioconductor project.  Their
introductory page spells out exactly the steps that you should follow:
http://www.bioconductor.org/GettingStarted

Most of the older workshops are listed (http://www.bioconductor.org/
workshops), and there you can obtain test data and code to try our the
different packages and get a better feeling for R.

Otherwise there are some excellent introductory guides to R on the
internet, e.g.
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/r/sk/
http://disinterested.googlepages.com/GettingStartedWithR.pdf

Good luck!