Hi Ettore.

Comments below.

> I have the following question. In the "sup3.R" file the probe level
> model fitting is realised using the instructions:
>
> plm <- RmaPlm(csNU)
> fit(plm, verbose=verbose)
>
> where csNU is an object obtained after background correction, quantile
> normalisation and conversion of the cdf to a "unique" version.

The conversion to 'unique' is actually done both on the CDF and the data.
This is simply to dance around the fact that a handful of probes are used
in multiple probesets.

> I suppose that this approach should enable the exon-level analysis of
> the Gene 1.0 data, as required by FIRMAGene. However I don't
> understand where is the difference since the methods are the same as
> in the gene-level analysis of such data.

I'm actually not sure what it is you are asking here.  Indeed, the
methodology of FIRMAGene operates on the results (specifically, the
residuals) of your standard RMA probe level model.  This is, however,
quite different to the standard DE analysis, if that is what you mean by
"gene-level analysis".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mark