Hi.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM, sean nj <njs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> I am sorry to bother you again.
>
> My question is what the format of probe values in the eset? Are they
> the direct normalized intensity value or log tranformed?
>
> I asked this question because I got very high logFC values after limma
> analysis. I googled and people mentioned that lmFit expects log
> transformed intensity value.

Thanks.  I've fixed this so that extractExpressionSet() now by default
returns log2 signals.  Before they returned non-logged signals.  Just
run (once):

source("http://aroma-project.org/hbLite.R";);
hbInstall("aroma.affymetrix");

and you'll get the corrected version.

> Another question, is there a way to export RMA normalized dataset as a
> table?  I did something like the following to get a table, but I am
> not sure if it's the right way.  And in the table I got, there is a
> prefix X to all probes (for example X6733_at for the original probe
> 6733_at).
>
>>write.table(eset,"Gastric_ENTREZG_wide.txt",sep="\t")
>> write.table(t(read.table("Gastric_ENTREZG_wide.txt",sep
>> ="\t")),"Gastric_ENTREZG_tall.txt",sep="\t")

This is really a question for Bioconductor, or plain R, because from
here you have an ExpressionSet object.  Anyhow, you probably want to
look at the help for argument 'check.names' of read.table(), because I
think it is when you read your file back in you get the conversion.
The file itself is probably correct.

Hope this helps

/Henrik