Hi everyone,

in my group the question popped up whether it is possible to perform
the FIRMA analysis on a subset of a number of samples that have been
normalized all together.
For example: Assume we have a data set of 6 different groups with
different numbers of samples and we want to investigate differences in
between 2 certain groups (e.g. control vs. treatment 1), would it be
feasible to calculate the FIRMA scores just for the corresponding
samples to make sure the scores are independent from the other
samples?
If I understand the FIRMA concept correctly it is not, as you pass the
fitted model for all of the samples on to the fit function to
calculate the scores, but I would like to be certain on that point.

With kind regards and many thanks in advance