Hoon, thanks for the note.  Yes, there is a discrepancy in how clever
the methods are.  Basically the AromaUnit<Nnn>CnBinarySet methods go
further in trying to figure out what annotations are needed.  FYI,
contrary to data set directories, the name of the chip type directory
will never have tags, which is why the files end up in:

plmData/AffyTestData,ACC,ra,-XY,BPN,-XY,AVG,FLN,-XY/GenomeWideSNP_6/

and not

plmData/AffyTestData,ACC,ra,-XY,BPN,-XY,AVG,FLN,-XY/GenomeWideSNP_6,Full/

regardless of CDF annotation you used  This was an active design
decision by us (which for various reasons would be too lengthy to get
into here).

To achieve some consistency with how you setup the AffymetrixCelSet, you can do:

dataSet <- "AffyTestData";
chipType <- "GenomeWideSNP_6";
cdf <- AffymetrixCdfFile$byChipType(chipType, tags="Full");
csR <- AffymetrixCelSet$byName(dataSet, cdf=cdf);
cesN <- CnChipEffectSet$byName(dataSet,
tags="ACC,ra,-XY,BPN,-XY,AVG,FLN,-XY", cdf=cdf);

FYI, to speed up the latter, you can help out and specify arguments
'combineAlleles=FALSE' and 'mergeStrands=TRUE' (these correspond to
your doCRMAv2() call below).

/Henrik