Hi.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Steven McKinney <smckin...@bccrc.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am setting up to run analysis on Affymetrix SNP6, 250K Nsp and 250K Sty
> chip types.
> As I read through the current documentation, I've noticed the following items
> that
> may need attention, or I might need clarification:
>
> On page
>
>   http://aroma-project.org/chipTypes/GenomeWideSNP_6
>
> the hyperlinks at
>
>   GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl
> (GenomeWideSNP_6,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl) - Unit Fragment-Length (UFL)
> annotation file
>
> GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl  and
> (GenomeWideSNP_6,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl) yield different file downloads,
> (namely GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl.gz and
> GenomeWideSNP_6,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ufl.gz respectively)
> whereas the hyperlinks at
>
>   GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ugp
> (GenomeWideSNP_6,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ugp) - Unit Genome Position (UGP)
> annotation file
>
> GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ugp and
> (GenomeWideSNP_6,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ugp) both offer the same file
>
> GenomeWideSNP_6,Full,na31,hg19,HB20110328.ugp.gz

Thanks. Correct now.

> Also, I can not find where to access and download the files
>
>   GenomeWideSNP_6.Full.CDF and GenomeWideSNP_6.CDF
>
> From what URL are these files available?

These are available from Affymetrix, cf. 'Product Page' and
http://aroma-project.org/FAQ:

FAQ. 2007-05-24: Where can I download CDF files
A: The CDF file for a given chip type is available in so called
"Library Files" at the corresponding "Support Materials" page on the
Affymetrix website.  You may find links to those Affymetrix pages via
the Chip types pages.

> (I have a copy of GenomeWideSNP_6.Full.cdf, of size 493291745 bytes dated Apr
> 13  2007  - is this still valid
> or is there a newer version around?)

Affymetrix CDF files more or less never changes, especially not for
DNA arrays.  If they do, I'd expect them to change the names slightly,
for instance by adding a revision number.  There might be so called
"custom CDFs" out there that others generated based on newer genome
annotations, but I am not aware of any for DNA arrays (there are lots
for expression arrays).

/Henrik