Hi.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM, xiaowei guan <xwei.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks very much Henrik for your detailed response. I tried as you
> suggested. While I still have another question that, in terms of deriving
> the gene centric representative values of the probe sets, is there a
> protocol or some existing way/code within aroma to achieve that goal? i.e. 4
> probes sets are corresponding to a gene symbol ABCD, as follows:
>
> 7892501
> 7892502
> 7892503
> 7892504
>
> Will it be possible that a summary value is generated for that gene symbol
> ABCD instead of the 4 probes[ets]....Really appreciate your help!

I'm not familiar with the contents of this particular CDF.  What you
get is defined by the CDF you are using, and in this case it is
Affymetrix that defined the CDF.  What you can control in aroma is
whether you wish to summarize per unit group (="probe set") or per
unit (="transcript/gene").  This is done by specifying
mergeGroups=FALSE or TRUE when setting up the RmaPlm. You may want to
try mergeGroups=TRUE; iff those four probesets corresponds to four
unit groups of the same unit, then you will get one combined summary.

/Henrik